Okay, what happened was this...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Can I die a young genius?

I turned 27 over the weekend - which means that if I want to be remembered as a gifted, tortured genius, I have to die in the next 12 months. Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Basquiat and Jim Morrison all died at 27 . Their work broke major ground - until they turned 27 - at which point their coffins broke major ground. The only problem is, I'm not a daredevil, I don't abuse liquor or drugs, I'm not having tons of dangerous sex (although my technique has been described as both clumsy and awkward). So my end will most likely be of the Mama Cass-choking-on-a-sandwich variety. So, start hoarding my work now - and try to contain your excitement when you see me going into Au Bon Pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home